PARENT EMPOWERMENT NETWORK (PEN) PROGRAM
Through its Parent Empowerment Network (PEN) program, Moving Forward Pittsburgh, Inc. helps parents and and their children who are struggling in school by offering the resources of a coalition of families who’ve struggled with learning differences and giftedness.
We provide parents who are Parent Peer Support Specialists (PPSSs) who have sought and received help for their own children with local professionals and school districts.
WE CAN HELP YOU BY . . .
- Walking you through the public school special education process
- Helping you to read and interpret educational and psychological tests
- Connecting you with parents who have been where you are
- Suggesting strategies and therapies that will help your child
- Saving you attorney fees by clearly documenting the facts of the case
Our PPSSs are parents who have experience with children with ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism, Physical Disabilities, Giftedness, Reading Delays and who are non-native English language speakers from diverse cultural backgrounds. Sometimes a child may have an IEP and/or 504 or a GIEP that is not working. Our PPSSs can suggest ways that the parents and school districts can work together to better serve that child.
These .pdf files provide more information about learning disabilities in general and about giftedness in Pennsylvania.
Our PPSSs understand where you are and can help you to decide how to “move forward.”
Hourly fees apply. Initial 15-minute case evaluation is free with completed online form below.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.